Friday, September 12, 2008

Missed Connections

First, a little bit of explanation...We just started this blog today so all the nuts and bolts are still being worked out. We haven't figured out how to post multiple pictures yet so that is why there are only two. Also fyi we DO in fact dress like that on a daily basis NOT just for Studio 54 parties.

Now for the fun part...

My roommates just introduced me to this wonderful portion of craigslist that I had never heard of before, "missed connections". The basic premises is that people post when they have missed an opportunity to make that special connection. Here are some recent posts that we enjoyed:

-You took my breath away at the Whole foods in Nova. Cool glasses. Be my honor to take you to some reading, great movies and the theater with dinner. Laughs and drinks included. - (see farmer's markets, whole foods and traders is definitely where you meet people!)

-Studying in GW Hospital. You were reading some papers around 830 when I sat down near you doing my own work - we caught eyes a few times. When I left I asked you the time (because I really did need to know) but then it struck me how damn pretty you were. Wish I'd struck up a conversation...-

-I got on the metro in a suit w/ green tie at about 8:45am Monday. I'm tall, blonde, and was crammed in my seat reading a book and having a crappy morning. You are shoulder length blonde hair and are gorgeous. I saw you, we made eye contact twice, and only moments later did I realize that I should have talked to you. Here's hoping you check this... -

-Studio 54 Party. You were wearing Spandex and were hot. We danced. Call me. -

-You were at a party last night at GWU. You were wearing box saying can you dig it. I Dig IT! -

So maybe the cute guy from trader joe's will post me someday and mention the magic bullet and british soccer...

No comments: